Sunday, February 18, 2007

Confessions.....

I know that I haven't exactly been a regular blogger lately. I'm sorry for that. Getting a new puppy has shifted a few things around here. The kids keep me busy too. There's always something to do or someone to tend to.

Everyone went to bed early tonight, so I thought I'd hop on here and write something. I'll give ya'll some updates.

First of all, you may or may not know that Richard indeed did get a promotion at work. This has been 10 years in the making. An opportunity finally came up for a maintenance tech position. Richard interviewed and he got it! We are very excited. He'll train on days for a while (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and every other Wednesday). Then he'll work nights again on "B" shift. "B" shift is opposite of the shift that he's working right now. So he'll work every other Saturday night, Sunday night, Monday night, and Tuesday night. I'm actually looking forward to him having the end of the week off. That'll be interesting.

Kyra is still loving school. She amazes me with her reading skills and comes home every day with a different story to tell. She adores her teacher. She's doing very well. She's very excited that she gets to check out 2 library books now....just like the 1st graders do. *sigh* First grade. I'm not ready for that yet. She's not either. When I mention it, she says, "I don't ever want to leave Kindergarten!" I know the feeling, hon!

Maeve is such a funny little girl. She's talking A LOT. She's just a little comedian and does the silliest things. I'll try to start remembering them so that I can post them on here. She loves to dance and cries when we have to go home from the dance studio that Kyra goes to. I see another $40 per month being spent within another year! LOL! She'll attend preschool in the fall at the same place that Kyra went to. She will love it. She's a social butterfly. I can't believe that she'll be TWO soon. Wow. Where did the time go?

Zoe and Mia are getting along as well as can be expected. Mia wants to steal Zoe's food, so that's an issue. Like Mia needs any more calories! LOL!

As for me, I'm taking it one day at a time. I haven't felt like myself lately, so I decided to take it upon myself to get some help. I'm so familiar with this help. ;) I'm taking stronger meds. now and seeing a therapist. I'm looking forward to better days ahead. I've felt this way before. I know what to do when I feel myself sliding into a deep hole. I don't have to feel like this. And I don't want to either. I want to be a wonderful wife and mom. I can't let my emotions get the best of me.

I don't know why I feel the way I feel. Something triggered this imbalance in my body and I'm going to find out what it is. I really hate how people think that if you're depressed, you can just flip a switch and everything will be fine. It's not. Healing takes time. It's not something that will go away on its own. No amount of material things will cure it. You have to use the resources available in order to come out of it. Resources are so important. I learned this the hard way. I felt horrible after Kyra was born. I ignored it for a long time. I wish I wouldn't have. After Maeve was born, I felt that downward spiral again and got help immediately. I'm glad that I was able to recognize how I was feeling and do something about it.

So now you know more about me than you ever wanted to know, right? LOL! Actually, I have many friends that have been in the same position that I have at one point or another. So it's common. I'm not alone. And I'm comforted by that.

Have a great week! I'll keep ya posted.

No comments: