Sunday, February 25, 2007

Kicks my ass every time.....

Today I taught Body Step. I have a class on Sundays now. I have a decent crowd. Today I only had 10 people. That's probably because the weather was so nice today. There were a lot of people walking outside and working in their yards in our neighborhood.

I taught release 62. It was the release that I trained on back in February of '06. I haven't done it in a while since I've been teaching the new stuff with release 66. OMG. Every single time I teach this class I think I'm in better shape than the time that I taught before. WRONG! I was sucking air! That release takes my breath away. It NEVER gets easier. I'm pushed to my cardio limit (and probably my maximum heartrate) every.single.time. I sweat like a pig. By the end of the class, my body and my brain are spent. It's the most intense 55 minutes.

But I do give it my all. Why? Because of course I have to. I'm an instructor and I have to motivate the members. But I also want to challenge myself as well. Results only follow with hard work. I have the mentality that "I'm here for 55 minutes, so I might as well make all of those 55 minutes count." Another instructor said that "if you work out for 55 minutes, you add 55 minutes to your lifespan." I like that mentality too.

I honestly didn't know how I worked out before Body Step. I know that I didn't work as hard. Maybe that's why I'm seeing results now. I just needed that extra push. And now I think I have it! :)

No comments: