Saturday, March 31, 2007

Out with the old, in with the new(er).....

R.I.P. dear old Mitsubishi Galant
March 17, 1995- March 31, 2007

Yep, it's gone. Today was the day. I saw my car driven off by someone else. It's really gone. *sigh* I sincerely hope that they take good care of it. I could go on and on about so many things that went on with that car. But I choose to just say that it was a good car. I can't complain. I got it with 8 miles on it and it left today with 138,000 miles on it. Not bad. Gosh, what a ride it was.

It was time for it to go. Sometimes you gotta quit while you're ahead. And that's exactly what we did. We knew that before too long, it would give out on us.....I mean *really* give out on us. So, we chose to take the high road and try to sell it before things got too expensive with keeping it going.

We were with just one car for a few hours today. This afternoon, Richard and I left the kids with his brother and my niece and nephew who are here visiting. We went to Spicewood and picked up a used 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport. So, we upgraded just a little bit! LOL! It's in pretty good condition. As always, Richard will get it there. I have no doubt. He'll baby this thing and get it to where it needs to be physically and mentally. LOL! I thank God everyday that my husband knows so much about cars and does all of the maintenance himself. He's a dream to have around. AutoZone is his best friend! LOL!

And guess what? Our new ride is WHITE too....just like our suburban! Pics to come.....we need to baptize (aka wash) this thing first.

Oh yeah, and did I mention that it has a sun roof?! Saweeeeet!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Wow! you've been busy! You didn't tell me the car was for sale! I almost asked when I only saw one suburban and the car when I was there, but I thought maybe I was forgetting something I already knew...

You'll love the Montero Sport- Kevin's is an '01 and you rode in it when I visited. How bizarre!

Congrats!

This is me, drunk blog commenting... did you try your wine yet?

Kimmy2075 said...

Congrats!
Kimmy