Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Dog observations.....

Since the kiddos are gone this week, Mia and Zoe have had a lot of "one on one" time with me. They are so hilarious! Here's some of the things that I've taken note of this week.

-Zoe is slowing down and easing out of her puppy stage. She sleeps a lot more than she used to and just sits on the sofa. She's still "ADD dog" at times though.

-The dogs actually remind me a lot of Kyra and Maeve. One minute they are all cuddled up against each other and the next moment, Zoe is chasing Mia around the house and annoying the heck out of her. Yes, it's very familiar....even with dogs. ;)

-I feed Zoe first thing in the morning. When she's done, then Mia has her turn to eat. Zoe will run in our bedroom (we feed them in different rooms) and pester Mia till I've put her food down. Then Zoe will sit there and watch Mia eat all.of.her.food. It's hilarious!

-Today, there was a guy here to buy Richard's boat (another long story, another post). Mia freaks out when strangers are around. She hears the different voice. Well, Mia stopped barking for a while and then Zoe took over! LOL! At one moment, Mia hauled butt outside in the backyard and Zoe followed. It's like Zoe is Mia's little "apprentice". So funny.

-When it's around 8 or 9pm, these dogs follow me all over the house until I start getting ready for bed. I assume that they want to cuddle. Then when we are all in bed, they settle like sardines on top of each other ON RICHARD'S SIDE OF THE BED! Um, he's at work! You can cuddle with me! Dumb dogs.

-Zoe has been frantically visiting the girls rooms pretty often this week. She knows that they are gone and that it's just not right. I think she misses them. Especially Kyra. Kyra is her bedtime buddy. When Kyra goes to bed, Zoe follows her and goes to bed with her.

***I hear that my kids are having a blast with their grandma and cousins this week. Their grandma is taking ALL 6 KIDS to a photography studio in the morning to have a portrait taken of them all together. LORD.HELP.HER.

They should be back on Friday or Saturday.

No comments: