Sunday, August 12, 2007

What would they do without us?

I'm convinced that husbands would be NOTHING without their wives. Why? Well, let me explain a little of what my husband does on a regular basis.

-He leaves his phone in the car. I found it today in the suburban and it was not charged. So who brought it in the house and charged it? That's right. ME.

-He loses his keys. This happens A LOT. In fact, it happens so often that I don't even get all bent out of shape over it anymore. The keys are usually found outside somewhere (scary, I know) or in his pants/jeans/shorts pocket. But who always tracks them down? That's right. ME.

-He must constantly be reminded to make an appointment. I'm talking doctor, dentist, etc. I think he thinks that I am the one that will do it for him because I know his schedule. Nope. Ain't gonna happen. This is one thing that you can do yourself. Put your big boy pants on and do it yourself. Oh, and once the appointment is made, then who do you think has to remind him of the actual appointment? That's right. ME.

-He always forgets my schedule. Dude, I do the same thing week after week. I work out on the same days. I teach on the same days. Nothing changes. I hate the question, "So what are you doing today?" Dude, you know! Who calmly tells him the same thing he heard last week on such a given day? That's right. ME.

-Me: "Have you fed the dogs this morning?"
Him: "Nope. You feed the dogs, remember?"
Oh yeah, I forgot. But wouldn't it be nice if YOU did it for once. Dude, that's a hint that I want YOU to do it. So again, who feeds the dogs? Yep, ME.

-He forgets the kids' schedule too.
On a Monday afternoon.....
Him: "Where are you going?"
Me: "To take Kyra to dancing."
Him: "She does that on Mondays?"
Ugh. So who takes her to dancing? ME! ME! ME!

I really don't know what he'd do without me. I also remember to give the dogs their heartworm pills once a month. I multi-task. I rarely write reminders down. I just remember.

Why can't he?

Oh yeah, I forgot. He's a man! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re: #s 1 & 2, that's awfully nice of you. When my DH does stuff like that, I don't help him out at all!

Chelle Y. said...

They are big babies, aren't they? Hahaha!