Saturday, August 25, 2007

Well, we've jumped on the teeny bopper bandwagon....

I taped "High School Musical 2" for Kyra the other night. She finally discovered it on the DVR yesterday and she watched it 3 TIMES! I have to admit that it's very cute....cheesy, but cute. I'm convinced that it's a cross between "Grease" and "Dirty Dancing", but it's squeaky clean! Kyra loves looking at the words flash across the screen and singing with the songs. Maeve just dances around like she's the center of attention (well, isn't she? LOL!).

So today we go to Walmart for some last minute school things and Kyra BEGS me to buy her "High School Musical" (the 1st one....it's out on DVD). I caved and bought it. Next, she wants the soundtracks to each movie.

Does it ever end?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oy. Have fun with that. The kids I worked with in the summer fitness class last year were raving about #1. One of the girls claimed to have memorized ALL the dance numbers.

I asked my boss (who has a teenage daughter) if it was "all that" and she kind of said "ehhh...". I watched it later on Disney one night when I was bored. The "pop-up" version- like those old 80s videos with the dialoge balloons that would pop up. This one was full of trivia tidbits- otherwise I wouldn't have been able to keep watching.

I'm kind of scared there's a second one. That's all the kids talked about this week after it premiered last weekend.

Even the boys.

But, at least there's still fun, clean t.v. for kids. I re-watched All Dogs Go to Heaven last night. The only other time I saw it was in the theatre as a kid. Wow. I missed alot. And the end nearly scared the bejeezus out of me. I was like "no way! They did NOT just have the Devil, in the form of a dragon silhouette, come to take Charlie to HELL!" I mean, you know good is gonna triumph over evil any minute but I was like "I remember fearing my mom was gonna haul our butts out of the theatre any second!"

Kim said...

Kyra has watched most of #1 and said that #2 is waaaaay better! #2 has a summertime theme to it. And the music is VERY catchy! Uh oh! LOL!

I miss the old, clean cartoon movies. The cartoons that are on TV now (especially Cartoon Network) are scary. Really.

Anonymous said...

Kevin was saying that this morning, when he sat down and turned on the t.v. and all he could find was intentionally behind-the-times looking anime.

He kept crying "where did Bugs Bunny go?"

I told him that show kept getting moved later and later in the lineup, until they realized nobody was watching it anymore, and they put it out of its misery.