Sunday, August 19, 2007

It's nice to be noticed......

This morning, I took the kiddos to church. I usually have to teach on Sundays, so we try to hit up church on Saturday nights. But today another instructor taught my class and I'm teaching her class tomorrow. So off to church we went.

The girls were very well behaved. Maeve wanted to slip up, but I kept being persistent with the remark that if she didn't behave, we would go outside. She knew what that meant.

Kyra took her "Picture Missal" to church and followed along with all of the parts of Mass. I'm so glad that her Godmother got her that for Christmas. She loves it.

Maeve brought her Catholic book of prayers for babies along. She pointed EVERYTHING out on ALL of the pages. I kept "shhhing" her because she was a little too excited about some of the pictures.

When it was time to make the sign of peace, we shook hands with the couple behind us. The lady said, "You have some beautiful girls and they are so well behaved!" Yeah, if she only knew! LOL! They are only like that some of the time!

Then on our way out of church, we were walking to the car and the man rolled down his window and said, "You are doing a fine job with those little girls." I said, "Well, I try!" It isn't easy. But it is rewarding. And when I get a comment like that, I know that it's totally worth it. After all, I take them to church by myself. It's just what I have to do.

I'm almost thankful that daddy doesn't go because we ALL went to a Catholic baptism yesterday in downtown Austin for one of Richard's friend's little girl and the kids were horrendous with daddy around! They misbehaved (in my book) and were jumping around on him. He didn't know what to do! Yeah, hand them to me! I deal with this all the time! LOL!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's definitely always a daddy that's the real culprit behind misbehavior. I say this as one of 3 daughters whose father was always tickling them in grocery store aisles, causing them to run amok and squeal...