Saturday, August 27, 2005

More HEB tales....

I run into the store today to get Maeve some teething tablets. I was making my way next door to the nail place and thought I'd grab a magazine to read while I was getting a pedicure. I walk to the area where all of them are and notice that they have moved the stand where they have all of the loose candy that you just bag and weigh. They used to have them in the produce section (makes sense since that's where the scales are). But, now they are by the magazines (and that makes sense too because I'm sure many parents stop there and have kids with them that will want the candy). In any case, there was this kid that was taking pieces of candy and eating and eating and eating.....all while standing there and looking around. It was so obvious that he was "stealing" candy. I chuckled to myself and walked off. I don't know why I find happenings at the grocery store so interesting. Richard said that I just like to "people watch". Yeah, either that or it's the fact that I don't have kids with me and notice more things going on. I don't know. Our HEB is packed 24/7, so there's always someone to take note of.

Today Kyra hid a mini spider in a James Avery box and called it her "pet". I think the thing was dead in there from the get go. Anyway, she must have closed the box and smushed it. She was upset and said, "Look, I told you that I dead (killed) it." The way she says things sometimes cracks me up. When it's bright outside, she doesn't say, "It's bright outside." Instead she says, "It sure is glarey outside." LMAO! I love that kid.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love Kyra stories! They always make me smile really big!


hehehe "I dead it"...hehehe...

:D

When we were little, my mom got so tickled with one of her friend's boys that we were watching. He got mad at his brother and yelled "I'm gonna kill you till you're dead!"

She still finds that one funny!