Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Outbursts from a 3 1/2 year old.....

Kyra is so funny these days. I have to share some of the things that she's come up with lately.

Easter was on Sunday. We live across the street from the Catholic church here in Buda. When crosses started going up in front of the church, Kyra started asking questions. It all started on Friday. She asked why there was a purple garment on the cross and I explained that it was Good Friday and that was the day that Jesus died. Honestly, I should have explained it better because that comment came back to haunt me on Saturday night. On Saturday night, we went to Target and when we were checking out, Kyra yells to the cashier, "Jesus died!" I wanted to find a hole to crawl into right then and there. The cashier says, "No, Jesus lives!" I bet that she thought I was the worst mother in the world for telling my child that Jesus died.

On Sunday, I took Kyra to church and Kyra noticed that the purple garment was gone and there was a white one over the cross. She came home and said to my dad, "When the purple was there, Jesus died, but now there's white there, so Jesus is alive!" Smart girl. I guess she redeemed herself from Saturday night! LOL!

Last week, I took her to the store and she was so friendly with everyone she came in contact with. When we were checking out, she said to the cashier, "Hi! How are you today?" Sometimes it scares me how friendly she is. I've started having talks with her about not all people being nice and not all dogs being nice either (she thinks they are). One night, we named all the nice dogs that we knew. Kyra knows a lot of nice dogs. ;)

Today I came home and saw Kyra "preaching" to Mia. I heard her say, "Now what did I tell you?" At first I thought it was funny, but then I realized that it's ME who says that to Kyra when she doesn't listen or has done something bad! Richard just laughed and shook his finger at me. I guess it *is* me who says that. *sigh*

Kyra likes to pray before bed and says almost the entire "Lord's Prayer". I'm very proud of her. That sweet little voice melts my heart.

She's also very excited about the arrival of her little sister. She kisses my belly several times throughout the day. I just hope she's as excited when her sister makes her grand entrance.

Everyday is a new day with Kyra. I love it. I can't wait to add another sweet little voice to the mix!

1 comment:

Jen said...

"JESUS DIED!"
I laughed so hard when I read it! OMG! At least the cashier said the right thing back! I don't think she thought you were a bad mom! She just thought your kid was being a kid!

I wish your Granny could have heard that one! Wow!