Saturday, March 19, 2005

You're only as old as you feel?

Yeah, I felt really old today. I took Kyra to her 1st "friend" birthday party. It was strange seeing Kyra and her friends all mingling with each other. They missed each other this week because they had Spring Break. So, it was a great chance to have them all together again before school on Tuesday. They had a blast! I don't know if my little house would withstand 15-20 3 year olds though. I'd probably only do it if I had as big of a house as these people did! ;)

Doesn't seem that long ago that my mom was taking me to parties like that. Where the heck did the time go? I know that I had a birthday this past week, but I don't really feel that old....well, I didn't until today. Taking your child to a birthday party to be with all of their friends is just weird. Pretty soon it'll be dances. YIKES! I'm so not ready for that. I want my kiddos to be babies forever. I'm in denial with Kyra right now. She's almost4! That's closer to 5 and closer to kinder! I'm glad I'm having another one so that I can experience the cuddling, coos, and sweet little breath of a newborn. Otherwise, I'd be in worse shape than I already am! LOL!

Regardless of how YOUNG we feel, there's always situations that make us realize how OLD we are. It sucks.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I tend to live by the "you're only as old as you THINK" mindset. As long as I don't let myself say I'm old, then I'm not. I preach that at Kevin all the time, too, 'cause he's always saying he's old. I think as long as we exercise, laugh, provide ourselves with sone downtime, and take really good care of our skin then we're as young as we want to be! Mary Kay says you'll always look/be the age you were when you started using her products! LOL!

I am glad that you get to be a mom, and remember all the things your mom did with you!

Just enjoy every moment with your kids and let them be kids for as long as they can! Don't let them grow up too fast!

Kim said...

I learned my lesson with Kyra....BIG TIME. I was always worried about when she'd walk and when she'd talk and when she'd get off of the bottle, etc. Kids do things in their own time. I don't want to rush anything with Maeve. She's my last baby and I want to enjoy and savor every moment. Kyra also didn't want to be held or rocked a lot, so I hope that Maeve is quite the snuggler. I've missed that. *sigh* Just a few more weeks!