Wednesday, July 11, 2007

And I almost fell off of the table.....

This morning, I went to the doctor and he agreed to have another blood draw! YAY! This is good news! I really want to see what the acupuncture has done since I started taking treatments. We talked a lot about acupuncture and he's not opposed to it at all. He said that in about 35% of patients, they report 100% improvement with their condition. He said that another 30% of patients report 50% improvement. The rest saw no improvement. He used to work with the chiropractor in the office where I'm taking acupuncture and he said that he saw "amazing things" while he was there. WOW. I guess sometimes Western medicine and Eastern medicine can live together in harmony! LOL!

We talked a lot about thyroid and what my worst symptoms were. I said that they were fatigue and the fact that my moods were so erratic. Then he said, "Well, sometimes fatigue can be caused by a lack of exercise." OMG! I almost fell off of the table. I assured him that I get PLENTY of exercise.....more than most people! LOL!

So we'll see what my TSH level is. A "normal" level is .5 to 5. When I was first diagnosed, my level was 6.95. I felt horrible. A month ago, it was at 2.3 and I still didn't feel good. This time, I'm hoping that it's closer to 1. I think I'll feel my best when we get it closer to 1. I hate that it's such a broad range. Someone might feel great at a level of 2.3. I didn't. Everyone is different. That's why it's important to see your doctor if you feel bad and INSIST on the correct treatment. Or you can be like me and say, "Screw the whole thing" and seek healing elsewhere. I thank God for the person that walked into my life and convinced me to give Chinese medicine a try. :)

3 comments:

Chelle Y. said...

Hope it works for you!

Anonymous said...

Does it seem to you that doctors more and more fail to use those helpful things called EYEBALLS?! I mean, you CAN LOOK at a person and see whether they exercise or not. What do they do anymore? just read charts? Can't they have more presence of mind and tact than that?

Kim said...

OMG! Jen, he even made me jump up and down for like 30 seconds to make sure that I didn't have an irregular heartbeat like I had the first time that I went in! I know that was thyroid related.

Anywho, he said, "Wow, your heartrate went from 112 to 78 in just seconds." Well that should tell you something right there! DUH!