Sunday, July 29, 2007

I'm sure there's an alterior motive.....

Conversation with Richard today:

Him: "Hon, let's rent some movies this week to watch together when I'm off."

Me: "OK, but you know that you and I don't agree on movie choices AT ALL. What the heck are we going to watch? Chick flicks?"

Him: "Sure, if you want. Whatever you want. I just want to sit down with you and enjoy a good movie."

Me: "Oh please. At the end of the movie, you'll stand up and say, 'We wasted two hours on that?' I know you too well."

Him: "No I won't!"

Yeah right. Anyone want to make bets?

I wonder what he wants. ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... keep us posted.

On the other hand, maybe he does just want to spend some time with you and he's maturing. My dad likes watching movies with my mom now, even if they're not always action-packed.

Kim said...

Good lord! I hope that's the case! Will the miracle that I've finally been praying for finally come true?

He seemed VERY sincere about it. That's not like him AT ALL.

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm sure he knows how off you've been lately, and he's really trying to spend some quailty time with you and hoping to somehow be what you need or cheer you up by doing things with you that YOU enjoy. Go with it, it's what you've been asking for. Obviously he wants to do something to help.

Chelle Y. said...

Uh, maybe some "fun" after the chick flicks? :) Go with it girl!

Anonymous said...

I guess the ulterior motive is holding you captive?