Saturday, July 07, 2007

Richard's birthday: the celebration.....

On Friday night, we met some friends from Houston at Baby A's up in north Austin. This is a fairly new location and it was fantastic! They also had their neighbors down with them and the neighbors met up with some family, so we had quite a dinner with strangers. But it was fun!

Richard's friend Jason was planning a party for tonight (Saturday night) for his wife, Kimberly. It was to be a surprise. Jason wanted Kimberly to think that they were going to Z-Tejas to celebrate Richard's birthday. So, when they arrived, she was SHOCKED to see all of their family and friends waiting for her! I was even more shocked because on the menus, Jason had them put, "Happy Birthday Kimberly and Richard!" What an awesome friend! Richard was treated like royalty too. He loved it. What was a huge surprise party for his friend's wife was also a party for him! Kimberly had birthday on the 5th. We've celebrated their birthdays together a few times....but nothing like this before!

We had THE BEST food. We had pleasant conversations with people that we had just met. I even exchanged email addresses with a girl from Austin that we sat by. Who knew complete strangers could be so much fun? We also got to meet and sit with Kimberly's parents. I must say that when Richard and I grow old, I want to be like them. They are so lively and energetic! They are VERY sweet people.

The quote of the night came from Richard. He said, "This is the BEST birthday I've ever had!" Everyone signed the menus for him and Kimberly. Complete strangers signing and saying the nicest things! I told Richard that even if he never sees some of them again, he'll always remember how he spent his 30th birthday!

What a night! But I'm ready for my babies to come back tomorrow! I miss them! I can't wait to see them!

1 comment:

Chelle Y. said...

Happy Birthday, Richard!