Tuesday, July 17, 2007

More hometown observations......

-I found out that the gym that I used to teach at now has Body Pump! I'm speechless. Will wonders never cease?

-I'm still 100% convinced that the mall in V-town is ghetto. I took Kyra in there on Sunday. We walked in, got what we needed, and walked out. Their idea of a "food court" is just scary. (My apologies to those of you who actually like that mall.)

-HEB Plus is the devil. They have waaaaaay too many things in that store.

-Speaking of HEB Plus, I think everyone in the damn town was there on Sunday afternoon. I HATE seeing people that I know. I NEVER made eye contact and shuffled in and out of aisles just to avoid them. It worked! :)

-One of the people that I saw was my old Spanish teacher who busted me for cheating during my freshman year of high school! LMAO!

-With all of the rain that they've gotten down there, the mosquitoes are HORRIBLE. Oh, and does anyone remember the mosquito sprayer trucks that the city owned that would come and spray periodically? Are they still around? Because if they aren't, then they SHOULD BE!

-Note to the weather lady on the weekend hometown news: YOU SUCK! The weather forecast doesn't consist of the words "uh", "um", or "oh". You need to practice in front of a mirror during the week!

-To be honest, the weekday weather lady wasn't much better. *sigh*

-My dad said that they have people float in and out of that news station on a regular basis. They don't stay long.

-Except for this person. He's been there FOREVER.

-Oh, and one person that does ROCK that works there is Shawna! Love her! She's married to an old classmate of mine.

-I remember when Riverside Park was nice. It seems so "run down" now. The duck pond is still there, but I miss the train that used to run through the park. Ahhhh....the good 'ol days!

-It's weird, but the town seems like a "stranger" to me now. I've been gone for so long and so many things have changed. I don't think it's grown that much people-wise, but I do think that there is a bigger demand now for the more "upscale" businesses like Home Depot, Starbucks, Olive Garden, Best Buy, etc. It's just weird to see them all there now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I felt that way when we saw Marble FAlls after the flooding. Like "who let this town get so old and crappy?" They only update the businesses along main street and the major highways. I really think if they'd spent the time and $ to update, upgrade and repair BEFORE the flooding, they wouldn't have lost so many roadways, bridges, etc... It's like the run down, low-income part of town got waaaay bigger than I remember, and the good parts of town didn't look too good, either.

We have the mosquito sprayer trucks here- I didn't know that until the cases of dead birds diagnosed with West Nile started popping up, then the news went on and on about the trucks being out and about.