Monday, October 17, 2005

100 things....

1.) Maeve slept through the night last night for the first time in months.
2.) I felt rested this morning.
3.) Kyra and I spent some time together this morning.
4.) We went to the gym and to the library.
5.) She loved it.
6.) I’m currently watching the Food Network.
7.) I’m pretty sure it’s my favorite channel.
8.) I hate to cook, but I like watching others cook.
9.) My favorite personality on there is Paula Dean.
10.) Richard likes Rachael Ray.
11.) I find her annoying.
12.) So does my sister, Lisa.
13.) Oprah is giving Rachael Ray her own show.
14.) I guess she’ll be the next Dr. Phil.
15.) I also find myself watching The Weather Channel a lot.
16.) I heart Jim Cantore.
17.) What is it with me and meteorologists?
18.) Now I’m watching the Astros.
19.) I wish my Granny were here.
20.) She was the biggest Astros fan ever.
21.) I miss her.
22.) Kyra mentions her a lot.
23.) My mom had birthday last Wednesday.
24.) Kyra brought her up out of the blue that exact day.
25.) Her angels must be talking to her.
26.) I’m sick of this hot weather.
27.) October is pretty much my favorite month of the year provided that the cooler weather arrives.
28.) Kyra is going to be a Care Bear for Halloween.
29.) The costume is too small.
30.) But she insisted on getting it anyway.
31.) Maeve is going to be a piggy.
32.) It suits her perfectly.
33.) Have you seen my “chunk” lately?
34.) She still can’t sit up by herself.
35.) But she can roll both ways.
36.) Kyra was pulling herself up to stand at 6 ½ months.
37.) Frankly, that scares me.
38.) I think Maeve is going to do that later on.
39.) She hasn’t cut a tooth yet either.
40.) Kyra cut one at 4 months.
41.) I’m proud to say that I’ve never had a cavity.
42.) My dentist says that I have “virgin teeth.”
43.) I think that’s kind of funny.
44.) By the way, Jen, I love flip flops. ;)
45.) My black Old Navy ones are my favorite.
46.) I wear them everywhere.
47.) Richard and I both can’t stand for closets or cabinets to be left open.
48.) It freaks us out.
49.) I also turn my pillow over several times per night.
50.) I like it when it’s cool on the other side.
51.) Kyra only gets her blankie at naptime or bedtime.
52.) She’s adjusted quite nicely to that.
53.) Her new best friend at school is named Becca.
54.) The other day when they came in from chapel time, they were holding hands.
55.) How cute is that?
56.) I can’t believe my baby will be in Kindergarten next year.
57.) I’m having panic attacks just thinking about it.
58.) Where did the time go?
59.) We are going to get another female Chihuahua one day.
60.) We are going to name her “Ellie”.
61.) We haven’t decided on a color though.
62.) I’d like a chocolate or a black one.
63.) When we got Mia, we were planning on getting a male.
64.) Richard went to pick her up and she was the only pup left in the box.
65.) He said that he couldn’t leave her there.
66.) We should have gotten a dog a lot SOONER than we did.
67.) Mia is now 6 years old.
68.) We got her just before Y2K.
69.) Mia and Calli (Lisa and Nate’s Yorkie) have a love/hate relationship.
70.) Mia and Raider (Lisa and Nate’s Chocolate Lab) have a hate/hate relationship.
71.) Right now all I teach is Body Flow.
72.) I want to get certified to teach Body Step one day.
73.) I don’t know if I can handle more than 2 programs though.
74.) The gym starts to really “die down” during this time of year.
75.) But come January, we’ll be packed again.
76.) Then by February and March, those New Years’ Resolution people mysteriously disappear.
77.) I’m getting pretty bored with The Real World-Austin.
78.) They HAVE NOT showed the gym at all.
79.) However, the Dizzy Rooster is getting lots of airtime.
80.) So are a lot of the other bars on 6th Street.
81.) I have to say that the girls are a lot prettier on TV than they are in person.
82.) Thanks to fabulous editing, I’m sure.
83.) Kyra just told me that “I’m the best mommy ever.”
84.) She tells me this like 10 times a day.
85.) I swear I’m not bribing her and that she says that on her own free will.
86.) I don’t think I’ve ever heard her tell Richard that “he’s the best daddy ever.”
87.) How sad.
88.) Maeve laughs when I “fake” a sneeze.
89.) I’ve had so many people comment on her beautiful blue eyes.
90.) I swear that she’s the mailman’s kid. J
91.) Richard’s mom swears that some Great, Great Uncle had those eyes.
92.) Hmmmmmm……not sure I believe that.
93.) We are done having babies.
94.) I’m fine with that.
95.) I have decided that I really like not being so sleep deprived.
96.) Richard is my hero.
97.) A month ago, he got the “snip snip”.
98.) He said that he doesn’t know what the big deal is about it.
99.) Recovery was a breeze.
100.) I’m at 100!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yay! Maeve slept!

I like Rachael Rey, but I'm disappointed that so many chefs who started out thin have gotten heavier. I used to love the Naked Chef (until I found out he was married) but I saw him on an interview recently and didn't even recognize him! He and Rachael have both put on a few...I understand it's a chef-thing. I used to have a friend who was a chef for a while. She quit when she started gaining weight. She said YOU HAVE TO TASTE EVERYTHING all the time!

You'd think that in this day and age, chefs would be able to exercise and avoid the downfalls of their profession.

Oprah must be stopped before all t.v. programming everywhere bears her handiwork.

You should get that Ellie soon, or in another 6 years you'll be wishing you got her sooner, just like with Mia!

Hey! you turned on the Word Verification! Good for you!