Sunday, October 23, 2005

The Material Girl

I watched the last half of a documentary on Madonna on Friday night on MTV. It was called, "I've Got A Secret" and it showcased her recent concert tour. Honestly, nothing "wowed" me about her at all. Is anybody else under the impression that Madonna is trying to revive her youth? She was up there singing her hits like, "Holiday" and "Like A Prayer". I honestly thought that she did an interview where she said that she didn't like all of those songs. I guess they were before her "reinventing" stage. I think her age is starting to show too. Maybe that's why the entire show was in black and white (or maybe it was shown that way because it was a documentary....who knows).

Another thing that bothered me was that they showed her kids a lot. They showed Lourdes teaching her mom phrases in French. Yeah, we get that you pay top dollar for this kid to know 5 different languages. Madonna also was laying on the bed with Rocco and she asked him, "Who's the queen, Rocco?" He said, "You are mommy!" Gag.

And what is name anyway? Is it Madonna? Esther? Madge? I swear she's always in an identity crisis. Or maybe it's the media that loves to give her different names for their notoriety. Who knows.

I just think that her 15 minutes were up a long time ago.

1 comment:

Jen said...

When I heard that was coming on MTV, I wished we had cable! When I read you'd watched it, I pouted. Now that I've read your review, I thank you, and realize I didn't miss anything. I trust you to tell it like it is. Thanks!

Madonna should have stayed in the 80s. I don't think she's trying to revive her youth- I think she's trying to "remind" people she still exists and coax them into spending money on her so she can rise again. It's the Britney phenomenon, only much older. "I'm broke so I have to do this in order to get some fast $$".

Who the heck names their kid "Rocco", anyway?