Saturday, October 22, 2005

The need for speed....

Kyra and I went to the grocery store this evening. We walked in and I saw that there was virtually NOBODY in the checkout lanes. GREAT! We got 3, yes, 3 items. We get back to the checkout lanes and there's people everywhere! Isn't that strange? I swear it was a matter of about 1o minutes and all lanes were full!

One of the lanes had a sign by the number that said, "Fastest Checker In An Hour". I'm not kidding. As one would guess, yep, there were a TON of people in that guy's line.

First of all, how do you determine that one is the "fastest checker"? Is there someone standing there taking note? Do the computers tell them how many customers they check out in an hour?

Second, I would NEVER want to be known as "the fastest checker". What pressure! Dude has this long line and you know that people are standing there thinking, "This guy is slower than molasses!" I'm just wondering how long he got to keep that title. LOL!

Ahhhh....the joys of going to the grocery store on a Saturday night. There's nothing like it. ;)

No comments: