Saturday, October 29, 2005

Come on down!

I went to the gym yesterday and walked/ran on the treadmill. I actually walked for about 25 minutes and ran for about 15 minutes (the running part I'm very proud of....haven't ran since right after I found out I was pregnant with Maeve). Anyway, Price Is Right was on, so I thought I'd watch it. I haven't watched that show in years. Not much has changed though. Bob Barker is still the host and I assume that he'll host the show till he meet his Maker. I do worry a bit about his ticker when these people tug and pull on him and jump around like they've won the lottery. But I'm betting he's pretty used to that by now.

One thing I did notice was that ALL of the people that were initially in contestant's row ALL had homemade Bob Barker/Price Is Right t-shirts on. I guess that ups their chances of making it to the stage. They have to do some sort of screening process though. I highly doubt that they just "randomly" pick people. I'm sure that they pick the people that fit the bill for good TV.

Oh and I'm wondering if they play "Plinko" on every show or just one time a week. The crowd went nuts like the biggest rock star stepped out on stage. I did feel sorry for the lady that played the game though. She won 5 Plinko chips and every one of them landed in the "O" slot except the last one. She ended up with $500. So much for $50,000 Plinko.

One game that I'd love to go on is Wheel of Fortune. I've gotten a lot of the bonus round puzzles when the people haven't. I find myself YELLING at the TV and ticked off when they don't guess it within those 10 seconds. Ugh. Plus you have the opportunity to win a heck of a lot more money on there than you do on the Price Is Right.

The funniest game show out there was Press Your Luck. Remember the whammies? LOL!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Kevin loves the whammies. When we had Dishnetwork, he'd watch reruns on the Game Show Channel...ALL DAY LONG!

Woo-hoo on the running! That's awesome!