Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Awaiting Fall....

I'm so anxious for this "cool" front to come through tomorrow. This summer has been brutal. I am thanking my lucky stars that I was not pregnant during this heatwave. I loved having late April and mid June babies.

That chill in the air gets everyone excited. I went through one of Maeve's drawers today and actually found some stuff that Kyra wore that I had saved. That'll come in handy. The "pumpkin patch" downtown will be more enjoyable to visit as well. I plan on taking the kids there soon. I don't want to wait till most of them are gone. I'll let Kyra pick one. I've never carved a pumpkin before, so it should be interesting.

The kids are wonderful. Kyra is loving school. They have so many fun activities planned there. Last Thursday, they had a bunch of moonwalks set up and the kids jumped in those and played some "carnival-like" games. Next week, they are having a petting zoo come to the school. The local fire department will visit as well with their trucks.

Maeve is so incredibly fun these days. She can roll from tummy to back and back to tummy with no problem at all. She even "army crawls". I tried to see if she could sit up by herself today, but she's a little "top heavy" yet. hehe! I haven't started her on solids yet, but I will when she hits that 6 month mark. Her ped. and I were in no hurry to start sooner. I think she'll do just fine. She loves her breastmilk, so we'll slowly add fruit and veggies to that.

Mia is my last "kid" to update on. She's really taking a liking to the baby. She smells her and licks her if she gets a chance. Maeve is just in awe of the dog. It's hilarious. She gets this look on her face like, "What in the world is that thing?" Mia and Kyra are best buddies. They "play" and Mia snuggles up to Kyra in the bed at night. They are like siblings. I'll be interested to see how this all plays out once we add another dog to the mix. Hopefully, my husband will want to wait till Maeve is a little older. He's talking about getting one early next year and that's waaaaaay too soon for me! I'll have a newly mobile little girl to chase after!

Kyra said to Maeve the other day, "Maeve, I love you more than the bunnies." Yeah, what bunnies? ;)

No comments: