Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Cops....

Today I had to get into the correct lane to turn and notice that I had to cut in front of a cop. Not that it's a big deal, but it makes me feel uneasy.....like I cheated on a test or something. I did all of the right things like putting my blinker on and checking my blindspot. :)

So then the cop ends up in the lane next to me and a few blocks down the street, he's in front of me. Fine. What does he do when he nears the light to make a right hand turn? NOTHING. He just slams on the brakes and turns. That is a TOTAL pet peeve of mine. Why can't they turn on their blinker? Ugh. It ticks me off when they expect us to enforce all of the rules, but don't do so themselves. I hope for Anna's sake that it wasn't Jeff in front of me! LOL!

Also, where do cops get gas? Have you ever seen a cop car at a gas station? I haven't. Do they have their own secret pump somewhere? Do they fill up all of the cop cars in the middle of the night? What gives? If someone knows, please tell me!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Almost every morning when I go to the gas station, there are 3 or 4 state troopers there filling their cars and buying coffee. ;)

Kim said...

Well I'll be damned! LOL! I've honestly never seen one. Now cop cars at Dunkin Donuts is another post!

Jen said...

I agree- if they're responding to an emergency, then everything goes out the window, but when they are not, I expect them to set an example for the rest of the population and follow the same protocol required of the rest of us. They ought to be held to a higher standard regarding those things, anyway.

I have never seen a cop putting gas in his car, either. I thought they had some special employee at the station who was responsible for that. Like they had their own supply on site, or something.