Monday, October 31, 2005

Weekend highlights....

-Went to Megan and Mike's Couples' Shower on Saturday. Had a good time with family and friends and ate some delicious stew prepared (I think) by my BIL Nathan. Good job buddy!

-Stayed at Lisa and Nathan's house on Saturday night while they stayed down the street at Joe and Glenda's (because they knew they were going to get in late). We got back to their house from the shower and poor Calli (their Yorkie) was still sick, so Richard spent a chunk of the evening and night cleaning up poop (sorry TMI) and bathing the poor dog.

-Noticed on Saturday evening that toofie #2 had popped through. Poor kid. 2 toofies in 2 days=miserable baby.

-Despite the toofies, Maeve slept through the night on Saturday night (probably because she was exhausted) and I was pretty eager (read: in pain!) to feed her on Sunday morning. Too bad Maeve's little internal clock wasn't in sync with the new time because she awoke at 5:30 am. Soon after that, Kyra woke up. *yawn*

-I did manage to sneak in a long nap yesterday afternoon. Lisa and Nathan have quite a comfortable bed because that's not the first time that I've napped really well in that bed.

-Lisa helped me make a Christmas gift. Yep, that's one down and about 15 to go. *sigh*

-I watched parts of Grey's Anatomy with Lisa and Nathan last night (we stayed there on Sunday night too and came back this morning). It was apparently too much for Richard because he left the room and went to bed. LOL!

-Took another LONG nap this afternoon before the thunderstorm hit. Can I just say how great that was? Ahhhhhh......

-Richard took Kyra to the library this afternoon AND took her trick or treating this evening. He's such a good daddy.

2 comments:

Jen said...

That was the most traumatic episode of "Grey's Anatomy" I've seen thus far. Kevin and I watched it in bed b/c the time change really did us in! I almost couldn't stay awake for it, and then I was wide awake crying when it was over!

Yay, Maeve- 2 teeth!

Kim said...

Yes I did and it turned out great! Now I know how to do it, so I'm going to make more for gifts. We have a lot of them here at home too and use the heck out of them. They are so easy to throw in the car over both kiddos and I even use one in Maeve's room over the window to keep the light out while she naps! I'll have to take a pic of the one that we made and let you see it....it's got race cars on it. :)