Friday, October 21, 2005

Newborn nostalgia....

I was watching some of the baby shows today on TLC and realized that I have never witnessed a vaginal birth. Both of my babies were c-sections. Something in me wants to witness that experience one day....not on my own, but through someone else. I'm happy and content with the way that my babies came into the world because I feel that it was God's will for it to happen the way that it did. But I often wonder about the apprehension and excitement that would come with giving birth vaginally. I hope that I'm lucky enough to get that phone call one day to come up to the hospital and be there for the big event. It might be my sister or it might be someone else. Whatever the case, I'll be ready. And I hope that I don't pass out! LOL!

2 comments:

Jen said...

That lady they keep interviewing on "The View", the one with 16 kids and they all have "J" names- she was on again yesterday with her newborn 16th kid. She's had SEVERAL VBACs. That's what they were talking about yesterday. This 16th baby was her easiest birth well, I should hope so- the 15 before her should have made the opening big enough)and her 9th (I think) VBAC.

Scary.

Kim said...

I need to do some research on her. I'd like to know her c-section vs. vaginal ratio! LOL!