Thursday, November 23, 2006

Geez times have changed.....

So I've been parked on the sofa most of the day and have seen just about every Black Friday commercial known to man. Yeah, we get it! Tomorrow *is* a big shopping day and tomorrow *all* stores open early. Just how early tends to boggle my mind. Really.

Garden Ridge has been open since this morning.....yeah, since Thanksgiving morning! They are staying open for something like 87 hours straight! WTF?

I've heard that the outlet malls in the area are opening at midnight tonight. Crazy. I thought the people getting to the stores at 5 am were crazy. Not anymore. These are the times when you must sleep on Thanksgiving day so that you can shop all night. Again, WTF?

The funniest moment happened yesterday (Wednesday) when Richard woke up later in the morning and asked why Kyra was home. LMAO! He thought that she had school yesterday! But really, I remember not getting out of school till noon on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Now everyone gets out that Tuesday. Heck, some schools have had off all week. It's NOT Spring Break people!

Also, remember the good ol days when school used to start after Labor Day? I hear they are trying to bring that back. Honestly, I'm ready for school to start mid-August though. The kids get restless and just need to get back to driving their teachers crazy! ;)

I could ramble on and on, but I need to go to bed. I need sleep. I feel better, but I'm still tired. The kids had a blast today. I'm glad. I miss my little rugrats though. Hopefully I'll be well enough to drive to join them at my sister's tomorrow.

Oh, and the big rivalry (UT vs. A&M) is on tomorrow. That's always fun to watch.

1 comment:

Lynda said...

I have been watching TV shows I bought on DVD that past two days, so thankfully, I am missing all the commercials.

My husband went grocery shopping so we could stay holed up on Friday. LOL.