Sunday, November 12, 2006

Poor guy.....

I'm really wondering if the neighbor across the street from us is due for some bad karma or something. A few months ago, I noticed a HUGE moving van in front of the house. I assumed that his wife and his baby were moving out. It happened during the day when he wasn't there and I haven't seen them since.

Fast forward to this afternoon. The little boy from next door knocked on ours and wanted Richard to come outside. Our next door neighbor (his dad) wanted Richard to help him cut off this guy's water. There was water seeping out of his front door. You could see water on all sides of the house. I don't know what happened, but Richard said that if it was "that bad", then the entire house would probably have to be gutted. Ugh.

I just looked out the window and the guy is finally home. I don't know if he was gone all weekend or what. It looks like he's got every light in the house on. He'll be busy for a while. He's probably on the phone right now with his insurance company.

I wonder what happened. I'm sure we'll get the scoop from the folks next door. They know everything. ;)

I guess having some bent blinds (courtesy of Maeve) isn't so bad afterall. This guy's problem is much, much worse.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow. That's really sad.

I agree, poor guy. When is enough, enough?