Friday, November 17, 2006

Stress already?!

The more Christmas stuff I see out, the more my stress level skyrockets. I'm soooo not ready for it yet. I know that this week is Thanksgiving and granted I have a lot of things done, but there's so much to do yet. AND with Richard working overtime, a very fiesty toddler, and a planned fishing trip in 2 weeks, I don't know when I'm going to have time to shop. I have a lot of things bought already and I guess I should be thankful for that. But there are still people to shop for....mainly my kiddos! I have no idea what to get them this year. I ordered something for Kyra online today and I pray that it gets here before Christmas. I'm trying to talk Richard into getting the Christmas decorations down from the attic tomorrow so I can set things up and teach Maeve what "no touching" means. That will be hard. She's very "hands on" and has to touch everything.

On a brighter note, Kyra got a perfect report card today. Her teacher said that she's a "joy to have in class." I'm so proud of her. Her Papoo said that he'd give her money if she had a good report card, so she got on the phone tonight and told him to "Pay up!" LOL!

I'm sitting here in silence. Thank God my kids are worn out by 7pm and go to bed early. There's no alarm to set in the morning either, but Miss Kyra's internal "alarm" will wake me up much earlier than I want, I'm sure. Ugh.

We'll see just how much gets accomplished this weekend. Richard is working on Sunday during the day, so I'll have to get in gear and do a lot of it myself.

3 comments:

Jen said...

YAAAAAY, Kyra!

Congratulations, too, Mom and Dad. ;)

hehehee! I watched Elf last night on USA. I had just been thinking "wonder when the first Christmas movie will hit the airwaves..." I've already seen the first commercials. I just love the new JCPenney one.

Kim said...

I love Elf! I saw that it was on too, but I had a slew of shows to watch from the week, so I did that instead.

Sorry Jen, I cannot get into Studio 60. I tried to watch two previous episodes, but ended up deleting them both. I think 30 Rock is much better. It holds my attention. An hour for Studio 60 is just too darn long!

Lynda said...

I wouldn't mind locking myself away until New Years.

Congrats to Kyra!