Saturday, November 25, 2006

We survived.....

I got to see my babies after making a short trip to my sister's yesterday. They were fine. Maeve clung to my BIL which in itself is pretty funny because she's NEVER done that before. Kyra had stories to tell about Thanksgiving and how she got to make S'mores the night before. Kyra also showed me her newest accessory.....a big ol black eye from tripping somewhere on Thanksgiving Day. Nice. Poor kid. She's as graceful as her mother. LOL! We had a nice visit with my aunt and uncle last night, had a terrific dinner (thanks for the wings Nate!), and retired to bed pretty early.

We came home today around noon. My dad is here with us and he'll leave in the morning. Hopefully then things will return to normal a bit. Richard also gets off in the morning. I'm thinking about making him a "honey do" list. Lists work better than nagging around here. He probably won't like it, but he needs to realize that if he doesn't follow through with his jobs, he'll have to answer to not me, but to Sargeant Kyra. She's always on his case more than I am. *sigh*

I have so much to do this week. I need to start wrapping Christmas gifts and I need to start thinking about Christmas cards. We are leaving next Friday again for Victoria. Richard wants to fish/flounder all weekend. I need to get all of the rest that I can this week.

Hope your Thanksgiving was a great one! I was sick, but I text messaged back and forth all day with a few friends. That was nice. It was nice to be thought of! :)

3 comments:

Jen said...

Ha, ha, ha "sergeant Kyra".

We're back. I didn't call because I wasn't sure if you were well or not, or even back if you had, indeed, gotten well.

LOL! Zak is emailing me "who is Kim? I think I figured out she belongs to you somehow..."

Lynda said...

We had a nice quiet thanksgiving. It was great.

I made my husband a honey-do list, and he still ignores it. Can I borrow Kyra?

Kim said...

Oh no Chelle! I'm so sorry. That sucks. I hope you're on the mend. I know what you mean about the yummy food though. I missed my uncle's famous fried turkey! Waaaaaaa!

Lynda, mine ignores his list most of the time. But today I added more things to it and he said, "Why is it getting longer?" LOL! So I know he looks at it. You can borrow Kyra anytime. ;)