Friday, May 25, 2007

1 down and 12 more to go.....

Today was Kyra's last day of Kindy! WOW! Where did this year go? Seems like yesterday that we walked into her classroom for the first time and she was a little apprehensive about being left there. I was a wreck. Did I really have to leave my baby in such a strange place?

That all changed soon though. She grew to love and trust her teacher who she will miss tremendously (me too!). She learned more about letters and numbers and learned to read! Her imagination grew by leaps and bounds. So did her independence. She was forced to be a responsible student and loved it! My baby made friends! She got her feelings hurt once or twice. She got a perfect report card all year long. She got an award for Caring (which makes me so darn proud). Kyra had a wonderful year. She'll never forget it either. I can still remember so many things about my year in Kindergarten! I still see my teacher from time to time and am sure to give her a big ol hug!

I've been feeling really great the past few days. I think the hormones have evened out a bit (yay!). I have more energy that I've had in months. Yesterday, I was outside with the hedge trimmer and having a ball! Richard was laughing at me. He mowed, so the yard looks nice. Plus we've gotten so much rain! So he'll have to mow again next week! ;)

With all my newfound energy, I decided to take Maeve's crib down today. She's been sleeping in a twin bed for almost a month now. It was time. I did it all by myself when Richard was gone with the girls this afternoon. It was kind of bittersweet. I know that I'm completely DONE with kiddos, but part of me will always long for that little being to be all snuggled up in the crib and blissfully sleeping. *sigh*

So, Kindy is over and the crib comes down. What a day!

I think my next post will be about Maeve and her talking. This kid can talk! Oh my goodness! She NEVER shuts up! We are in SO.MUCH.TROUBLE!

1 comment:

Susan's 365 said...

I am sooo glad to hear that you're feeling better. I'm waiting to hear the results of my bloodwork.

I can't believe kindy is over. These kids are just growing up way too fast!