Wednesday, May 23, 2007

In a fog....

I'm sorry for the lack of blogging this week. I've been feeling horrible since Sunday. I felt worse on Monday. Tuesday was better....a lot better. And today it's Wednesday, and I still have a rollercoaster of emotions. This is so difficult. I can tell that my body is thoroughly confused from being on two different medications that are trying to regulate the hormones. It's crazy! I know that this too shall pass. A few months down the road and things will be A LOT better! I just know it! My hormones have been out of whack for so long that it makes sense that it would take a while to get them back to normal. But I just want to feel like myself again! I'm tired of feeling sluggish, moody, and just being an overall pain in the ass. I know I'm not fun to live with right now. I swear that the hormones weren't even this bad when I was pregnant. BOTH TIMES! I'm telling you folks, it's bad! The thyroid is a critical organ in the body and when it's messed up, it throws EVERYTHING off! I feel so icky. It's hard to explain and I hope that none of you ever have to go through what I've been through. Thank God that you are normal and healthy because it sucks when you're not.

I'm going to check back with my doctor in a month and get bloodwork done. We'll see where my levels are and if my dosage on the thyroid meds. needs to be increased. I'm on a very low dosage right now, so I wouldn't be surprised if I had to increase just a little bit. I still don't feel 100% and it might take me a while to get there. This is a total trial and error situation.....you have to work to tweak your optimal dosage. This could take months.

I've learned a lot about thyroid disease within the last few weeks. Thank God for the internet! I've researched so much! I've come to grips with the fact that this is something that I have no control over. It just happened. I even found a statistic in a magazine that was very interesting. It said that 5-6% of women who are post-partum get hypothyroidism. I think that's what happened to me when I quit nursing Maeve. My hormones never returned to normal. I quit nursing her a year ago, so my thyroid just slowly shut down after that.

I think every "bump in the road" that's been thrown my way throughout my life has been there for a reason. I'll get through this. I'm already so in tune with my body and I know when I don't feel right. I thank God that it occured to me to get my thyroid tested. Everyone deserves to live their best life. I just hope that my best life returns soon! ;)

2 comments:

Susan's 365 said...

Just wanted to send you some hugs.

Kim said...

Awwww....thanks Susan! You're a sweetheart! Hey, let me know how things went with you at the doctor.