Friday, February 25, 2005

Dukes of Hazzard.....

So my dad picked the wrong weekend to go out of town. CMT is having a Dukes Of Hazzard marathon this weekend! LOL! Someone gave him the 1st season on DVD for Christmas. That was his favorite show back in the day and we watched it with him when we were kids. He also likes Sanford and Son! LOL! At least that's on Nick At Nite every once in a while so he can get his fix!

So, the Dukes of Hazzard movie is coming out this year. It's starring Johnny Knoxville and Sean William Scott as the Duke boys. Jessica Simpson will play Daisy Duke (um, I just don't see it), Burt Reynolds will play Boss Hogg and Willie Nelson will play Uncle Jesse (Go Willie!). It's going to be one of those movies that won't have much entertainment value. But, people will go see it because there are so many big stars in it. Heck, I'll go see it if Willie Nelson is in it! I wonder if Willie had to get some white hair for that part!

The more I watch the Dukes of Hazzard, the more I realize that it really was a boring and redundant show. Sheriff Roscoe was always after the Duke boys. Boss Hogg was always eating. Daisy was always "around" to help out her cousins if need be. If there was a kidnapping, Daisy was the victim. Uncle Jesse was there for the Duke boys too....mostly on a CB radio. Enus was the good cop and always had a crush on Daisy. Cooter was there for the maintenance of the General Lee. The "bad guys" always got caught at the end. I wonder how many roads they actually used to tape all of those scenes. Because from the looks of the show, Hazzard County was about as big as the state of Texas! The roads never ended! If they really put that many miles on the General Lee, it would NOT have been in that great of shape! Of course, I'm being sarcastic. I know that it was just a show and that stunts were set up on purpose. But, it's fun to speculate. But if anyone knows of a REAL Boar's Nest, tell me where it's at! I wanna go!

3 comments:

Jen said...

I think the whole movie is going to be weird. It may even suck. The fact that Johnny Knoxville is known for "Jackass" and Seann William Scott is always playing goofy idiot roles is almost worse than the whole Jessica-Simpson-as-Daisy-Duke idea. I think they cast the movie like this so that people WOULD go see it. I'm not real keen on Burt Reynold's role, either. Didn't movies used to cast people who were believably like the original actors? I'm really sad- I loved the Dukes when I was little.

Jessica Simpson is too thin- I know she did it for the movie role, and who could blame her. You've gotta be really thin to keep your butt-cheeks from hanging out of those shorts! You have to be so thin you don't have a butt if you want to get away with wearing those things. I can't wait until she looks normal again. She looks great, but it isn't right.

Kim said...

Regarding Jessica...at least she's eating like a normal person on Newlyweds. She's always burping and I think that's gross! I never see her working out. I guess it's just her metabolism?! I hate her! LOL! I like that she doesn't obsess about her weight. I know that if I looked like that I wouldn't care either!

Jen said...

They showed 10 minutes of her working out with her trainer the week before this past Wed. She took her trainer on location to Louisiana with her. She was doing alot of light weights w/high rep stuff. Alot of pilates moves. She kept complaining about how bad she stunk and was asking everyone if she stank, and then commented "don't walk behind me, I just farted."

I've heard her mention going running, and doing yoga, too.

Ashlee did a Pilates class one week- that was a joke. She went to TaeBo the next week. That was even funnier. She keeps commenting that she "needs to get in shape" and then goes to one class and when taking just one class doesn't work, she switches to one class of something else.