Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Grocery tales...part 2

Went to the grocery store last night to pick up a few things. Yes, it was Valentine's Day. I wasn't picking anything up for that. I just needed some groceries for the week. But boy was I in for it. There were so many people there! It was a madhouse. The parking lot was worse. Forget Thanksgiving. The WORST day to go to the store is Valentine's Day. I had to laugh though because there's something about men waiting till the last minute to buy gifts that tickles my funny bone. There they were....some with flowers, some with chocolates, and some with balloons (which I thought was the funniest yet). Seeing grown men carrying little heart balloons is a sight to be seen. With the way some of these men looked, you could tell that there were NO PLANS to go out to dinner for Heart Day. I guess they were hoping for other things to happen. ;)

On the flip side, I wonder what their ladies look like. I hope some of them appreciated the one, lonely, single rose that was given to them. I saw a few guys with just that. That makes me laugh too. I know it's the thought that counts. But, what are the chances of that rose making it home in one piece? It's destined to get smushed in the car or ripped apart by Fido at the door. Poor roses.

Then there's the guy at the store that it blantantly proud of who he is. He's full of tattoos with a ripped up shirt that says, "101% Redneck" on it. Oy vay! I had to look twice to make sure it said what it said. Don't know what he came in there for, but I'll bet money that it for for some Budweiser or Miller Lite. Even more so, I wondered if he had a valentine. Now that's scary.

The week has gotten off to a rotten start. Kyra is sick with a full blown stomach bug. Let me just say that seeing your child sick is the WORST FEELING in the world. You are helpless. There's nothing you can do to make them feel better. It sucks. They have this sad, puppy dog look on their face. All she wants is mommy. Mommy DOES NOT want to get what she has. My washer and dryer are working overtime. Lisa, Richard, and I were all up with her last night. I hope that she's feeling better by the end of the day. My heart is breaking for her right now.

On a positive note, I had some flowers and a cute mug and balloon waiting for me when I got home yesterday. ;)

1 comment:

Jen said...

YAY! Kim got a Valentine! YAY! d
We enjoyed our day, too. This weekend was awful, though. Preparing for Kevin to leave and trying to have a nice Valentine's Day before the actual day is stressful. I really wanted to make it nice for him, but was a little irked about being the one to plan and pay for it all. And trying to make it through the weekend without breaking down and crying was tough. We made it, though. He got to Sarasota a few minutes ago- I just talked to him. And he left notes all over the apartment.

I just hate it that I go into my own "shut-down, take-care-of-myself" mode when he leaves.

Hugs to Kyra! and Get well wishes (no germs for Kim!). I'm pretty much free now, so if you need any help, or company or a baby-sitter...;)