Thursday, February 24, 2005

Pet peeves....

There are a few things that I just don't understand.

Yesterday, I was at the gym and this lady walks in and Eric tells her that the Spin class is full (you have to sign up to Spin and once spaces are gone, that's it). Instead of opting to do another workout in the gym, she just walks out and says that she'll try again tomorrow. Um, what? OK, I just DO NOT understand how you'd pay for a gym membership to take a Spin class and that's it? There are a TON of other things to do (I was teaching Flow) and of course, *I* know that she should have just done another workout for the day. Your body and your mind NEED to cross-train! Some people can't get that through their thick skulls though! You'll see more results with a variety of workouts! Sheesh! Eric and I laughed and said that instead she probably walked across the street to eat a 2,000 calorie Schlotzsky's sandwich. Ugh.

There was hardly any gas in the suburban the other day and guess who drove it around on "E"? My lovely husband. The next day, I get in it and it's STILL on "E" when I have to go somewhere! Ugh! Fill the dang thing up! Obviously he doesn't care if I were to run out of gas. I know that I'm not the only one that this has happened to because I had a friend tell me that her husband does the same thing! Hmmmm.....

Another thing I honestly do not understand is these people that pass others up only to have to stop at a RED light?! Um, you're gonna have to stop anyway! Why not leisurely stroll to the red light? You might just save yourself from killing someone!

Oh, and did anyone watch American Idol this week when they voted off 4 contestants (2 girls and 2 guys)? I think the entire hour was FULL of drama and the way they voted off that last dude was ridiculous. Usually, they ask the ones that are gonna go to step forward on the stage. Instead, they panned the camera to a guy sitting down who we all thought was "safe" and said that he'd be leaving tonight. That's just cruel. Poor guy. The look on his face was one of disbelief and sadness. The other contestants looked just as shocked that they went about it the way that they did. It sucked.

I'm sure I have a lot more, but these are the ones that are coming to mind right now. It's been quite a week so far.....

No comments: