Thursday, February 17, 2005

Things you didn't know about me....

I stole this idea from Jen's blog. Thanks Jen!

-I hate, hate, hate Watermelon. Hate is a pretty strong word too. Can't stand any watermelon candy or gum either. The smell makes me want to vomit. Ugh.

-In February of '99, I cut my leg open on a license plate. Richard was at work. I crawled to the neighbor's house. It was bad. I had to have 15 stitches. It was my first trip to the ER EVER. Richard passed out while they were given me shots to deaden it. It was crazy in there!

-My mom's birthday is on October 12th (which USED to be when Columbus Day was observed), my dad's birthday is on December 25th, and their anniversary is October 31st. Yeah, who in their right mind gets married on Halloween?

-I was a very clumsy kid. I had 3 black eyes at one time or another. One was right when my sister was born, so all of the pics of me with her as an infant show my shiner!

-I used to take piano. I never practiced and wasn't that into it, so my parents eventually sold it. I could KICK myself now for not sticking with it.

-My sister and I had those embarrassing "bowl" haircuts as kids. Our mailman used to walk by and say, "How you boys doing today?" Ugh.

-Mia is my first dog. We were never allowed to have pets when we were kids. Now my dad LOVES Mia and we SWEAR that he'll eventually get a dog too. *sigh*

-I don't drink coffee....never have and probably never will.

-I don't really care for tea with sugar in it. I like it plain. We drank tea like this when we were little and it just stayed with me.

-I have flown on a plane ONCE. In August of '99, Richard and I flew to Vegas. I didn't really care for it, but I'd do it again if I had to.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Hey, I loved reading all of this about you!

Wow, the watermelon thing- I never thought of that before.

The holdiay family! Maybe Maeve will be born on Memorial Day! ;)

We were all "forced" to play piano and Jessica and Jamie were so good at it and loved it that they played all the time. I finaly convinced my mom to give the piano a rest and that when they were done I wanted to hear quiet for a while rather than practice my stuff. What a battle! I hated piano, but I made sure I knew enough to be able to teach myself, should I ever regret quitting. I haven't yet.

I always hated coffee and swore I'd never drink it. A year ago it became a decadent indulgence for me. Somehow, it's soothing and yet it really revs up my workouts! I try to save it for savoring on weekends only, though.

I hate flying, but it is a necessary inconvenience. I'm not afraid of it, it just wastes time, while taking less time all at the same time. Don't like takeoffs or landings, though. Ugh.

Kim said...

Um Jen, if Maeve were born on Memorial Day, I'd definitely hold the record for the longest pregnancy! LOL! I'd be something like 44 weeks pregnant! No thank you!

She's due April 30th. My doctor thinks that I'll go before then...especially if she's big like Kyra was. I hope she's born in April. Then I'd have diamond and pearl birthstones! I keep thinking of that Prince song! LOL!

Jen said...

I wonder if I was thinking of "May" day? I thought something seemed odd when I typed that! Sorry!