Friday, February 18, 2005

A wicked obsession.....

My husband's obsession is starting to grate on my nerves. Is it fishing? No. Is it RC helis and airplanes? No. Is it endlessly working on cars? No. My husband's latest obsession is none other than Kenny Chesney. Ugh.

He checks CMT daily to record any show that he might be on. He listens to his music nonstop. He brags about this and he brags about that......

I DON'T CARE! I don't like Kenny Chesney! Granted, he's A TON better than Big and Rich or Gretchen Wilson (don't even get me started on her), but I really don't care for Kenny at all. Richard tries to convince me that he's a good guy....he writes his own songs, he's down to earth, yada, yada, yada. Yeah....whatever.

What really got on my nerves was the way he went on and on about his fans and how they are the best and they are set apart from all the rest. Yeah those fans are probably fans to other artists as well. You aren't the ONLY one out there buddy! It cracks me up how he's in his own little world. Um, not everyone bows down to you!

To Richard he can do no wrong though. *sigh* I'm starting to think that Richard likes Kenny more than he likes me! LOL!

1 comment:

Jen said...

OOOOHHHH, GIRL I FEEL FOR YOU!
There is NOTHING I hate more than men with a musical interest who think they are good at singing/playing and want to be in their own band. My cousins have had a band for years and are still on the cusp of "being discovered". My brother-in-law is the same way and listening to any of them talk about their talents, shows, favorite musicians is SO IRRITATING! They sound so "know-it-all"-ish and so full of themselves. And nothing any of us are interested in or want to talk about is good enough for them to acknowledge.

I really don't care for Big and Rich, I find their music raunchy and distasteful. Gretchen Wilson, ugh; why she felt the need to go and create a redneck anthem and elevate those people to any kind of status is beyond me. I'm stuck on country music from the 90s, which brings back memories of visiting my Meme and riding around Temple in her Blazer.

I like a couple of laid back Kenny Chesney songs, but only because of the mellow guitar. And even too much of that would ruin my appreciation.

You poor thing.

Now, go blare some Hair Band (or something) Music at Richard.