Sunday, January 23, 2005

Amarillo By Morning....

Guess who's going to be at the Erwin Center next Friday? (hint: you can probably tell by the title of my blog) That's right, it's George Strait. The last time he was in Austin was 2 years ago and I went. You think being pregnant would stop me this time? Nope. BUT, the fact that the concert is on a Friday night has put me in a position where I can't go. Richard works on Friday nights. I think that Kyra would get pretty bored at a George Strait concert (and I wouldn't pay the money for her to go!). Now, if it were Barney or Dora, we'd be in business. But, I really don't care to see either of them. I do want to see George though! I'm sure my ex-neighbors Tom and Mona will be working that night (they work at the Erwin Center....why do you think I was so lucky to go last time?). I'm sure I'll hear all about it. George is easy on the eyes, but it's the music that I enjoy. I can sit back and sing with every song. I have to hear every country radio station talking about it this week too. Ugh.

So, I hope that George makes his way to Austin again soon. Last time, it was on a Sunday night....I hope that in future years they change it back to a Sunday night. Then I could GO!

Today's complaint: I've got a child that LOVES to stick her feet between my ribs. OUCH!

Have a great week!


1 comment:

Jen said...

Maybe your dad or Lisa/Nathan would be willing to babysit? If Kevin weren't here I'd totally do it. I thought about you and the last concert when I heard about this one on the radio last week. I wish you could go! Maeve needs to be introduced to George!