Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Small town "feel"?

When we moved here in the summer of 2003, I was so excited. We were getting out of a bad neighborhood and getting away from the city noise. Ahhhh....finally a breath of fresh air. Well lately ALL of that has changed. The construction going on around here is unbelievable....and we have good ol Cabela's to thank for it. For those that don't know, they are building a Cabela's right off of 35 here and it'll be directly behind the eastern part of our neighborhood. It should be completed in late spring/early summer. I think the Grand Opening is set for July. So, in order to prepare for such a HUGE amount of business, they are widening Loop 4 (almost to our house), widening access roads on 35, creating more overpasses over 35, and all in all just making a TON of racket. I have no idea what else we are getting here, but I've heard something about a movie theater too. The church across the street just added 2 more buildings. There's now a dance studio right across the street from our house. This place is BOOMING! Pretty soon, it'll be like Round Rock around here. We won't even have to go to Austin for anything! hehe!

Honestly though, I still love it here. The schools are excellent. I dropped Kyra off this morning and they were having a "circus" in the classroom. There was a huge tent set up and animals everywhere. She WANTED me to leave! *sigh* I've heard nothing but good things about all the schools around here. In a year and a half from now, Kyra will be starting kindergarten. Where did my baby go? I'm happy that I have one on the way. I feel like I need to hold onto something because Kyra is so independent these days. I savor the moments that she crawls in my lap and says, "I love you, mommy!" I'll take those words any day of the week!

The cold weather brings the smell of burning fireplaces outside. I love it. We don't have a fireplace, but I love entering a house that does. It just gives me that cozy feeling inside. Of course, by next week at this time, we'll probably all be running the a/c again. Ugh. I hope the colder weather sticks around for a while. I love it.

We are going to Victoria this weekend. Richard's cousin is getting married and Kyra is in the wedding. I'll be interested to see if she'll walk down the aisle. We all know how she pouted all the way up the aisle at Lisa and Nathan's wedding!

I don't have a song of the moment. I have a CD of the moment. It's Matt Powell's "10 Gallon Heart". I must say that I like every single song on the CD. It's been getting airtime in our suburban this week. It's one that we always come back to.

No comments: