Thursday, January 13, 2005

The more things change....

Within the last week, I think I've gone through a growth spurt. I feel HUGE! Some at the gym say that they've noticed. Some haven't noticed a change at all. Ugh.

Today I took Kyra to school and then came straight home. I felt horrible. Today the pollen must have been blowing in the air because boy did I feel it. I put my feet up and drank a ton of water. Allergy medications help minimally. Those of you that live in and around Austin...don't ya just LOVE Austin this time of year? I envy those that are immune to the pollens. I'm not. Being pregnant just makes it 10 times worse. Only a few more months.....

When I was pregnant with Kyra, I ate everything. I mean EVERYTHING. I had to have Mexican food and Whataburger Whatachicken at least once a week. This time, I'm repulsed by food. Isn't that weird? Yeah, NOTHING sounds good. When I have a craving, I jump on it because if not, then it'll go away and I won't want it anymore. I eat just to eat this time. Even the pizza cravings are gone now. I watch the Food Network (which I usually enjoy) and want to vomit. I guess the good thing is that I probably won't gain 40+ lbs. like I did with Kyra! So far I've gained 18. Not bad. At least my doctor hasn't yelled at me yet. Things are so different this time around.

As for the baby, she's playing "hacky sack" with my bladder. Lovely. She's also kicking inward toward my spine. It hurts! I DO NOT remember Kyra being this active all the time, so we *might* be in a lot of trouble.

We have decided that this baby's name will be Maeve Elizabeth. It's different, short, and fits well with Kyra Marie. We like it.

No comments: