Sunday, January 30, 2005

Oprah makes me cry.....

I catch Oprah's show from time to time. Last week, they had a show about never giving up on love. They had a couple on there that were involved as teenagers and the woman got pregnant. They gave the baby up for adoption and parted ways. Years later, they contacted each other. Each had been through a divorce. They got to know each other again and fell in love. They eventually married. Their biological son had always been on their minds, so they decided to find him. One day, the woman was at a car dealership talking with another woman. She ended up talking about her long lost son and as luck would have it, the other woman knew exactly who she was talking about. They soon were reunited with their son. As if that wasn't enough to make me cry, this couple got pregnant with a little girl and decided to let their son name the baby. He named her Madison and they brought her out on the show. By that time, I was crying a river. Stupid hormones.

The next segment featured a woman that was stricken with cancer. There was a 1 in 50 million chance that they would find a perfect match for bone marrow for her (she had leukemia). Years ago, a man from the military signed up to be a bone marrow donor. He was contacted and donated his marrow anonymously, thus healing the woman completely and putting her cancer in remission. This woman felt the overwhelming need to know who had saved her life. She contacted him several times. He wasn't interested. One day, he decided to go and see her in person. He drove up to her house and she wasn't home. But her kids were. Soon, they finally came face to face. They talked and got to know each other. They developed a long distance relationship and before long were engaged to be married. I was crying again. I mean, what are the chances?

Do you ever think about everyone that you know and how you met those people? I have lots of friends that I met by accident or that I never would have met had I not made a decision in my life. Life is about decisions. Thank God we make them everyday.

Love comes in all shapes and forms. It knows no boundaries. You should NEVER give up on true love. It might be right under your nose or it might find its way back to you one day after years have passed. In the stories about, these people were not looking for love. Instead, it found them. So to all my friends that don't think they've found that true love yet, just be patient and wait. It will come. God will bless you with that special person and your life will never be the same.

Love is also abundant. It just grows and grows. It's possible to love more than one person at a time. It's human nature. We love in different ways. We love different people. All of our love makes the world a better place. I am often nervous about this baby in that I don't know if I have any more love to give my family. But, I've heard that with 2 children, the love just multiplies. It must be a wonderful feeling. I can't wait to experience that love.

Bottom line: If you plan to watch Oprah, always have a Kleenex box handy.

No comments: