Wednesday, January 19, 2005

The end is near.....

Jen emailed me and asked me how my teaching is coming along with this pregnancy, so I thought I'd ramble about that a bit. I'm now almost 26 weeks. When I was pregnant with Kyra, I quit teaching at 23 weeks because I had a dizzy/fainting spell and it scared the crap out of me. I should have blown it off and kept going, but I swear I was a different (read: crazy) person then. I was very depressed during that pregnancy and even after I had Kyra. Thank God for great, understanding doctors who believe in Zoloft! hehe!

This pregnancy is totally different. I feel absolutely fabulous. I want to keep exercising for as long as possible. It makes me feel great. I'm totally relaxed about things now too. I think the first time around the jitters just came from being a first time mom and not knowing what the heck I was doing. I feel more confident now.

I came home from teaching Flow last night and for the first time during this pregnancy, I could say that it was difficult getting through that class. Why? Because my freakin belly is IN THE WAY now! *sigh* I knew the day would come. It really makes me sad because Flow is my favorite thing to teach. I only teach 2 classes per week, but I love it. I plan to use the breathing techniques and listen to the music while in labor. It's so great. My plan is to teach Flow through February. So, I'd stop in March. That'll put me at 32 weeks. I think I'll have paid my dues by then.

As for my step class, I plan on teaching that bugger till the end. I hope I'm 38 weeks and still going strong. I modify and walk around the room as to not let my heartrate get too high. I also have 2 other mommies in my class that I have to keep an eye on. One is due in March with a boy and the other is due the day before me with her 2nd girl too! How cool is that? My entire class kids around with me and are asking me for the name of the hospital and the name of my doctor! hehe! They don't want me to quit either. We shall see.

I get a lot of "So when will you be back?" questions too. I honestly do not know. Adjusting to a schedule is very difficult with a newborn, so I'm hoping to go back when Maeve is good and ready. I'm thinking of taking at least 2 months off. Again, we'll play that by ear. It also depends on whether or not I have another c-section.

I don't really have a favorite song or CD as of today, but I did finish reading Jenny McCarthy's "Belly Laughs" while I took my glucose test this morning. It's a must-have for every pregnant woman! The things that she talks about in there are hilarious (and oh so true)!

So, April 30th is just around the corner and I am ready to meet my little girl! I cannot wait to see Kyra holding her little sister for the first time! I'm sure I'll be a teary mess!




1 comment:

Jen said...

Hi, Kim! Thanks for answering my question! I'm glad you're still going strong- I hope to hear all about your success in teaching all the way up to the big day! One of our instructors here actually had her water break during her class!

I'm sure you'll be fine, and you'll be back in the gym in no time! My sister yelled at me when I was saying I'd be working out as soon as I felt like it "If you WANT to hemorrhage and bleed to death...!" She INSISTS "wait 6 weeks". I say if it's just taking walks and doing arm/leg exercises, yoga and not alot of high impact it should be ok. What does she know? I hope you get to have Maeve naturally, rather than the C-section. You GO GIRL!

I bet you can still practice Flow at home after you take the break from teaching it.