Tuesday, January 25, 2005

A week too late.....

My last blog discussed the great George Strait, but there's also another show happening this Friday night that I'm bummed about missing. Wade Bowen and Randy Rogers are playing at Schroeder Hall. For those that don't know where Schroeder is, it's just west of Victoria....one of those spots on the road. If you blink, you'll miss it. Richard's mom lives right down the road from there. I haven't been to Schroeder Hall since high school (I'm guessing). I definitely haven't been there since they have remodeled it. So, it's been a while. That was a high school hangout of ours. Richard and I had our first date there. My sister got left in the parking lot with her windows rolled down and was the only soul there after a dance. Weird. So, it's nostalgic. Oh, and the Dujka Brothers even play 1-2 shows a year there! Cool!

OK, back to Wade and Randy....I'm so bummed that I'm missing it. We were in Victoria last weekend, so we are a week too late. It's difficult to get down there as it is. We only go every few months. Richard wants to make a fishing run at the end of February in Rockport, so we might go back then.

Matt Powell now plays with Wade Bowen. Um, that's definitely an added bonus. Matt is awesome. I love him. Richard loves him. Richard has Nathan loving him too. Nathan heard his CD and was like, "Who is that?" So, he's hooked too. Matt and I share something in common. We are both left-handed. Matt is the guy with the guitar facing the other way....and I love it. I'm a little bummed that I can't play Richard's guitar for that reason. He's got one like everyone else. Mine would have to be a Southpaw guitar. Anybody want to contribute to my fund? hehe!

Kyra is actually a lefty too. We sensed it early on when she would grasp and pick up things with her left hand. Everyone told me to wait because she could change her mind. She didn't. She's definitely like her mama. I'm so proud of her because she's starting to write her letters and numbers. It's really amazing.

My song of the moment belongs to none other than Mr. Randy Rogers. It's "I Miss You With Me" and it's on his CD "Rollercoaster". We have it. You should too.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow- I just found out 2 things I didn't know about you. I didn't know you were a Lefty, and I didn't know Kyra was, either! Wow!

My mom thinks Jamie would have been a lefty, if she'd let her. She spent all of Jamie's early homeschool years making her use her right hand. It just never occured to her that Jamie might have been left-handed.