Friday, January 14, 2005

Keeping it real.....

The Real World is in Austin. That's right folks, MTV's cameras will soon begin rolling starting this month. The episodes will air starting in June. I'm an avid Real World viewer, but lately the show is so boring and most of all PREDICTABLE! One person had an excellent idea....why not go all "American Idol style" and give us viewers a chance to vote on who will live in the house? Now that would be interesting.

Their living quarters were supposed to be "top secret" but aren't anymore. The secret is out. They are living off of 3rd and San Jacinto downtown in a yellow warehouse building (right around the corner from PF Changs, I'm told). So, if you are downtown expect to see some cameras following the housemates around soon. I'm sure the bars on 6th street as well as APD will know each of their names. Oh, and if you ARE on 6th street and hear some dorks saying, "Look at us, we're on the Real World!" just laugh and walk off. Chances are they aren't really on the show....especially if there aren't any cameras around.

I teach downtown twice a week and there have been numerous celebrities working out at the gym there. The latest was Crispin Glover, who was there a few months ago. Now I know you're asking yourself, "Who the heck is Crispin Glover?" Well, if you've seen "Back To The Future", you'll know. He was George McFly! Seeing this guy in person was something else. You should have seen some of the things that he was doing on the elliptical machine. SCARY! He's a tiny man too! He was there for a week straight and dressed in nothing but black sweats. By the end of that week, we were convinced that he's a freak!

I've heard that the new cast of the "Real World" is supposed to work out downtown too. Lovely. My friend Eric who works the front desk will be thrilled. Let's just say that he's the type of guy that will gladly get involved with a female roomie just to get on TV! I told him that if he does, he needs to use some sort of secret code on TV to say "hi" to all of us! He's such a nut! I don't put anything past that boy.

Oh, I'm adding a new segment at the end of my blogs. It'll just be a song that I like or am listening to at the moment. So, here's my first.

Song of the moment: Jack Ingram's "Goodnight Moon"

Great song! I highly recommend it. It's on Jack's "Acoustic Motel".


1 comment:

Jen said...

Hey, Kim! I was just thinking about you and the Real World news today. I've been listening to the updates on the BobbyBonesShow (96.7) this week. It seems a little surreal, doesn't it? I bet you'll get a bit of inside info, teaching downtown and all. It should be interesting. I'm bummed the episodes won't air 'til June, though.

You're right, this season's show was boring. I liked San Francisco and the season with the Irulan/Alton mess; other than those, I haven't gotten into the show enough to watch faithfully.