Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Crossroads....

Last night, I watched CMT's "Crossroads". I'm not a regular CMT viewer, but I really like this show. Sometimes they have acts on there that I could do without, but last night they had Brad Paisley and John Mayer. As luck would have it, I like both of them and know most of their songs. Brad Paisley is married to Kimberly Williams of "Father of the Bride" fame and she's also on "According to Jim" now. They just make a really cute couple. Brad also co-wrote a song with Pat Green that's on Pat's new album. So, I think he's a pretty cool guy. John Mayer is amazing. I love his voice. An Austin radio station did an interview with him about 2 months ago. He's such a cool and down-to-earth guy. Oh, and any guy that sings songs about bodies being wonderlands and fathers being good to their daughters gets an A+ in my book. :) Anyway, the show was amazing. These guys can play the guitar too! Brad said he'd rather be a guitar player than a singer! John said something that was so entirely true. He said that songs know no boundaries. You can't classify a song as "country" or "pop" until someone sings it to sound that way. John sang Brad's songs and they didn't sound country at all. Brad sang John's songs and they did sound a little more country. So, it really depends on the artist, not the song. Overall, it was a really great show. I loved the playful banter between the two guys. You can tell that they both love what they do and have a wonderful sense of humor about it. Oh, I forgot the best part! Radney Foster was the host! TOO COOL!

Anywho, speaking of music, the BIG SKI TRIP is this week in Steamboat Springs, Colorado. Man do I wish I was there! Richard said that we HAVE to leave the girls behind one year and take a trip for ourselves and GO! I'd pack my bags today! hehe! I'm ready! Here's a link if you are confused and have no idea what I'm talking about.

http://www.themusicfest.com/thetrip.html

With the Brad Paisley hoopla last night, Richard is trying to play the first few chords of "Whiskey Lullaby" on his guitar. He's getting better. I don't really care for mainstream country (give me my Texas music!), but I LOVE THAT SONG! Allison Krauss has an angelic voice.

I'm sure you'll see more music-related blogs down the road. Seeing Richard struggling just to play a few chords of a song really makes me appreciate the talent and dedication that so many musicians provide for us.

No comments: