Sunday, January 09, 2005

Angels.....

I think about this very thing all the time. I honestly believe that people come into your life for a reason. They are your angels on Earth. They guide you, direct you, and just do whatever they can to help you. I have many angels in my life. Most of them have something to do with where I am now.

First there's my friend Shannon. I hardly talk to her anymore, but she's a big part of where I am physically. Back in '94, she talked me into going with her to DeTar Health Center in Victoria. Little did I know that I would soon join there and start to exercise on a daily basis. This changed my life entirely. I was learning how to take care of myself and feeling better about myself....all because a friend almost literally dragged me to the gym.

Then there's Lynette. Sweet Lynette. Lynette was an instructor at DeTar and had the most AWESOME class. I met her shortly after joining DeTar as well. She was always so energetic and pumped about teaching. She's a lot of the reason that I decided to do it myself. Teaching changed my life. I came out of my shell and enjoyed the opportunity to change lives forever. It's my passion. I love it. As for Lynette, we email constantly and she's definitely the person that I want to be one day. I have the utmost respect and admiration for her. She quit teaching a long time ago but I'm glad that I got to know her outside of the gym. She's one of my best friends.

Next up is Kristen. Kristen introduced me to Richard. I had NO IDEA what I was in for! Kristen and I were best friends and she kept saying, "You need to meet this guy...." Finally I met him! Things got off to a rocky start at first, but here we are! Kristen is an amazing girl. She's been through more crap than people have in a lifetime! I'm so glad that she's so happy in her life right now! She's happily married with a beautiful little girl named Avery.

Then there's Jennifer. Jennifer and I met at a Personal Trainers Certification in Austin. We kept in touch and she's the reason I started selling Mary Kay. She's been a great friend. If I need a quick ear or some deep advice, then she's my girl! I'm so sad that she's moving out of state! She'd better get her booty back to Texas soon!

Janet is next on my list. Janet and I met while we were both teaching aerobics for World Gym, which later became Gold's Gym. Earlier last year, Janet and I became running buddies and talked about she and her husband's growing photography business. Janet asked me to start helping them with odds and ends and here I am! I've been with them over a year now and I LOVE it! It's so great to be doing something that I enjoy! I truly think that my yearbook days in high school are shining through! I'm lucky to work with such amazing people. I'm very thankful that Janet trusted me enough to give me such a wonderful opportunity!

These are the angels that have shaped me into who I am today. I honor them and thank them for all they have done. I only hope that I can touch someone's life just like they have touched mine.

You never forget your angels...whether they be from long ago or from recent times. My angels from long ago know who they are. I still think about them daily. There's no way I would be here right now if it weren't for them. They helped me out in the most difficult time in my life. Nothing is more traumatic than having a parent die when you're just a little kid. The pain subsides, but the generosity shown by those angels never leaves my mind. I thank God everyday for those special people. I was truly blessed to have such great friends. Again, they know who they are.

So think about the angels in your life and thank them. I know I have.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hi, Kim! Wow! What a neat post! That is so nice of you! I really enjoyed learning about the other people in your life that have made such an impact! I am truly blessed to have you in mine!