Wednesday, October 11, 2006

It was as if she never left.....

I had told Kyra a few weeks ago that she had a big surprise coming. A while back, I got a phone from Becca's mom telling me that they were going to be in this area for a fall break around mid-October. If you'll remember, they moved to Fort Worth in mid-July. We kept in touch and she pinpointed a date. I continued to keep Kyra in the dark just in case everything fell through. Even last night, she was trying to guess in the bathtub and she was telling me that grandma was coming or "LaLa" was coming. Nope. I knew she'd never guess. Kyra had just gotten home from school today when they arrived. Kyra ran to the door and ran outside. She saw Becca's mom and I really don't think it sunk in at first. They came inside and Becca and Kyra played in her room and in the living room and it was as though she never left.

I have never seen Kyra play so nicely with anyone. They make-believe, they joke, they laugh....it amazes me how they are so much on the same page. Even with Maeve in the way, they didn't seem to care. They were just in their own little world. Becca's mom told me how important it is for Becca to stay in touch with Kyra. They just clung to each other last year at preschool. They hit it off immediately. I've never heard Kyra talk so much about a person.

So, it was a good day. Kyra was so excited. She wants to go and visit Becca soon. :) I guess we'll be making a trip up to Fort Worth in the near future.

No comments: