Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Maeve's new trick......

Well it's not really a trick, but we think it's cute.

Richard has trained her to take her wet diapers to the trashcan after he's finishing changing her and putting on a new one (the poopy ones go outside, so we take care of those). When I change her, she takes the diaper from me and says, "trash" and runs and puts it in the trashcan. It's hilarious to watch. She knows exactly what she's doing.

She's talking up a storm and even says, "Uh oh" when she falls down! LOL!

They grow up so fast. *sigh*

1 comment:

Jen said...

That's great! I love it when parents teach their kids those things.

At the apartment, before we moved to our house, there was a lady who would watch her grandson every day. Usually she was by the pool using the pay phone while I was laying out and I was secretly keeping an eye on him, afraid he would drown while she was yelling into the phone. One day, his diaper fell off, and so he picked it up and put it in the trash. I was so pleased. I was also worried since it was hot, how long that diaper would stay there before the trash was emptied and whether or not it would smell. Ideally, I think the grandma should have taken it out and taken it with her when they left, but she didn't. So...points for the kid for being responsible and doing the right thing and not leaving it on the ground- fault to the grandma for not being extra considerate and responsible.