Friday, October 06, 2006

Recap of the week.....

Um, I didn't blog all week? WTH is wrong with me? LOL! To be honest, it's been a crazy week.

Monday- Dropped Kyra off and then I had to sub a Body Step class. I went to the gym and was all set to go when I popped in my CD and frowned. The speakers sounded horrendous. Turns out, they were blown the previous Thursday night when the Body Jam launch was taking place. *sigh* So I made the best of the situation and tried to teach a good class. After that, I went shopping for a bra (exciting huh?) and an outfit for my cousin's wedding next weekend. I bought a skirt and a shirt in a size MEDIUM! WTF? Seriously though, all of the other shirts made me look like I was pregnant and we all know that's not true! ;)

Tuesday- Dropped Kyra off at school and did my usual library book shopping at her school. I REALLY like that time just to sit there and pick out books to read every night for the next week. I even picked out ones that would be really easy for her to read to me. She's doing a wonderful job with her reading. I'm so proud. After that, I headed to the South gym to take a Body Step class. I was sitting in the parking lot waiting to go in when my phone rang and it was another instructor wanting me to sub her class at noon. So, I left that gym, came home, grabbed my bag, and headed downtown to sub yet another class. After that, I came home, showered, and greeted Kyra at the bus. I got her inside and fed her a snack and whisked her off to dance class for an hour. I went to pick her up and then left both kids here at home with daddy so that I could go get a much needed haircut. I come home and Richard tells me that his brother is coming to stay the night with us after being with my niece and nephew at their school in San Antonio all day. He didn't get here till late. We talked a bit and then I went to bed. I was exhausted.

Wednesday- Took Kyra to school and came home. I went to teach Flow downtown at noon. Other than that, it was a mellow day. Thank God. I did take the girls to the grocery store in the afternoon though and that's always an adventure. They were good though and got balloons from the cashier on the way out. :)

Thursday- Dropped Kyra off at school and then came home. I put Maeve in the stroller and we did our 4.2 miles. At 10:00, I got a call from the nurse at Kyra's school (Doesn't your stomach just knot up when that happens?). Kyra's got a cough and needs some medicine. I really think that Kyra was up to some old tricks again, because she wasn't interested in her cough until she heard Maeve's HORRENDOUS cough (damn allergies) the night before. So I went up there and gave her a small dose of Tylenol Cold/Allergy and the nurse gave her a cough drop. I walked her back to her room and she was fine the rest of the day. Her teacher wasn't there either and I really think that threw her off. Her teacher is like having a 2nd mom around. Know what I mean? I think she really missed her. She came home with a wrapped box. It's the surprise box. She has to pick an object and put it in there and then right three clues down for her class and they have to guess what it is. On index cards, we wrote, "black", "white", and "furry". She chose a stuffed Panda Bear that she receieved last year at preschool. Kids went to bed early last night....both before 7:00. So I caught up on some of my taped shows.

Friday- I took Kyra to school and helped her carry that big box into her classroom. Maeve and I made a quick trip to Walmart for diapers and then came home for breakfast. At 9:00, we headed back up to school for a meeting. I'm on the "No Tardy Party" committee. The party is at the end of this month. It's going to be so much fun. After that, we headed "uphill" for the Kindergarten Awards for the 1st 6 weeks. Kyra got Perfect Attendance. She got a coupon for a free ice cream at Diary Queen. YUM! Maeve and I came home and she ate and then I put her down for a nap. I went outside and did Body Flow. I came inside, showered, and ate. Now I'm right here typing. I can't wait till Kyra gets home. Report cards go out today! She just might get that ice cream this weekend!

I'll keep ya posted!

1 comment:

Jen said...

FINALLY!