Sunday, October 22, 2006

Tomorrow's the day.....

I haven't been to the dentist in over a year. I was supposed to go in March, but with everything that happened to Richard, I just put it on the backburner. So I go in tomorrow. I'm dreading it. Every time I eat something harder on my left side, it hurts. I'm almost certain that I have a cavity. And guess what? I'm scared. I've NEVER had a cavity before. NEVER. My dentist says that I have "virgin teeth". LOL!

Richard keeps going on and on about how horrible it is to have a cavity filled. Ugh. He's the KING of cavities and they don't bother him at all, so I think he's just trying to frighten me even more.

Hold me.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Richard is just trying to scare you. It's not that big of a deal. I've had 4-8 of them done (as a kid) and I don't even remember what went on...except that it took for freaking ever. And I took good care of my teeth. If you only have one, it's not going to take that long and they've got better techniques and technology than they used to. I bet I have at least 2 more at this point. I haven't been to see a dentist in more than 5 years...

I say, have fun, enjoy the down time, relax in the chair and catch as much of a nap as you can with your mouth wide open. Then I'll tell you all about the dentists I taught aerobics to and the ones my sister worked with when she was an aspiring dental hygenist (for about a year) and how their favorite joke is "you try and go eat lunch after poking around in people's mouths all day".

Kim said...

YAY! No cavities! Just a talking to about better flossing because I have tartar in the back. :(

Jen said...

Yay!

Your kind of cavities should lay off the Cokes... ;)

Kim said...

Susan, they said that it might be sensitivity to cold. I have a horrible habit of chewing ice. Bad, I know.

My gums weren't in the greatest of shape either yesterday. I'm going to work on that. ;)