Tuesday, October 24, 2006

LOL!

I couldn't think of a more clever title for this post. Sorry. When Richard told me this I just about fell off of the chair laughing.

Richard went to eat alone this afternoon at a new Chinese restaurant that's adjacent to one of the gyms that I frequent. The parking lot is always packed, so I assumed that it was good. However, I WILL NOT be going to eat there because if you remember, way back in 2002, I got sicker than a dog or anything else for that matter. I still think it was Chinese food that made me so sick. I was treated as if I had a parasite. It was horrible. I was sick for a month. I swore that I would NEVER eat Chinese food again.

Richard told me that the prices are great. Here's the funny part. He said that they have a "growth sign" (you know like the ones that you see at an amusement park....."You must be ____inches tall to ride") and a bunch of prices by the lines on the growth sign! PIMP! He said that the prices are adjusted by how tall you are!

Now that I think about it, it's totally not far. How tall are Asian people? I know! TINY!

I'm still laughing.....I gotta go check out this sign. I'll at least peek through the window! ;)

2 comments:

Jen said...

So, the taller you are the more you eat and thus the price goes up because it costs them more to feed you?

My senior ladies told me a few weeks ago that they cook their Asian-themed food at home because they have it on good authority that restaurants (like Chinese ones) put anything leftover on diners' plates after they leave BACK IN THE POT!

No wonder you got that parasite.

They also added "my husband likes Chinese food, but I haven't told him this. I just don't eat there when he goes, or I cook at home..."

OMFG!

Kim said...

Richard still thinks that I'm looney. But I was sick as a dog and will never do that again.

And these places don't get a bad rating from the health department? Scary!