Saturday, December 30, 2006

Closet memories....

We were at my dad's during the Christmas holidays. When we stay there, we always sleep in my old room. I still have so many things up to remind me of my childhood. After we got married, I never took them down or took them with me. My dad never changed my room either. I don't know what he would do with it anyway! LOL!

One morning, I noticed that the closet door in my room was a bit open (and it's a big closet). Instead of closing it, I opened it and staring me right in the face were dresses. Dresses of my past. Let me make a list of what all I remember seeing in there.

-My mom's wedding dress from 1965.
-A flower girl dress from my cousin's wedding (Susan and Ron) that I was in in 1982.
-My sister's flower girl dress from my aunt and uncle's wedding (Sandra and Gary) in 1983.
-My junior bridesmaid's dress from my aunt and uncle's wedding (Sandra and Gary) in 1983.
-My Confirmation/8th grade graduation dress from 1991. My mom helped me pick out this dress before she died and she loved it, so it's so important to me. I also wore this dressing in May of that year because I was chosen by my classmates to be the one to crown Mary for the May Crowning.
-My bridesmaid's dress and my sister's bridesmaid's dress from our cousin's wedding (Cheryl and Scotty) in 1993.
-My prom dress from 1995.
-My graduation gown from 1995.
-My bridesmaid's dress and my sister's bridesmaid's dress from our cousin's wedding (Roxie and Darren) in 1997.
-My veil from my wedding in 1998.
-The box that my heirloomed wedding dress is in from 1998.

I think that about covers it. There were a few dresses of my sister's in there too from various Homecomings and Proms.

I can't believe that so much time has gone by. It seems like just yesterday.......

2 comments:

Jen said...

My mom used to have a closet full of dresses with a similar list- she kept them for us to play "dress up" in. It was fun, but boy am I glad we don't wear that style of clothing for real anymore!

Kim said...

I think we put a flower girl dress on Kyra before. I can't remember though. It's one of those situations where you ask, "Did we really do that OR did I dream that we did that?" LOL!