Monday, December 04, 2006

Gibberish....

I'm alive. We just had a really LONG weekend. I also feel like rambling today, so here it goes.

-We went to Victoria this weekend. We got there on Friday evening. My kiddos spent the entire weekend with my mother-in-law and my sister-in-law. I stayed at my dad's. Richard went fishing. It was a wonderful weekend. Everybody got a break.

-I came home this afternoon and the furniture in the living room is rearranged to look very nice. I think of how thoughtful my husband is. Then I realize that he has an alterior motive. He wants to put a BIGGER fishtank in the corner where the Christmas tree is. Ugh.

-Walmart was interesting this morning. I love this time of year in that place. People are either in a HUGE hurry or they take their sweet ass time with everything. I fit somewhere in the middle. This one man was talking to every lady that walked by including me. He claimed that he was shopping for his wife and his daughter. Yeah, I don't think he had either. I saw him several other times in the store by accident and he kept saying, "We meet again....". It was really freaking me out.

-Then I come across a sweet old lady that I swear had never set foot in a Walmart before. She came across the aisle with the Christmas dishes and said, "Oh my goodness! This aisle is so pretty! They have so many pretty colors in these!" LMAO! She was like a kid in a toy store. She was literally dumbfounded.

-I also came to the conclusion that greeting cards are WAAAAY overpriced. I'm now wondering how much greeting card writers make. I could come up with that stuff. No problem.

-I'm going to *attempt* to sit both of my kids down this afternoon for a Christmas picture in front of the Christmas tree. Pray for me.

-Oh, I forgot to mention that my 5 year old was having the meltdown off her life yesterday when we went to my mother-in-law's to pick her up. All she kept saying was, "I'm having a bad day....I can't quit crying." We.are.so.screwed.when.the.hormones.hit.

-I'm slowly but surely getting all of my shopping done. I'm almost there. I need to get caught up on my wrapping though....baby steps.

-Speaking of babies, I'm having a really hard time facing the fact that I don't really have one anymore (well physically anyway). I do have one rambunctious toddler who changes daily. Her features are changing. She's learning so much. She's talking. She's comforting. It's really amazing. Waaaaaa!

-On the heels of that last comment, I really need to STOP looking at ads in the papers for chihuahuas. I did it again at my dad's yesterday. Do I want one right now? YES! Can I handle one right now? NOOOOOO! Have you met Hurricane Maeve? Oh, and Jen, you need to knock it off too. Your emails of "Look at this...." or "Aren't these cute?" really don't help either. ;)

-I'm happy to report though that Miss Mia has lost a bit of weight. She looks good! A few people noticed this weekend. We changed up her diet a bit and control her portions better now. My dad says that he can now feel her ribs. LMAO!

-I honestly think that the Santa gifts won't get wrapped this year. I'm lazy. Sue me. I just don't feel like buying extra paper and hiding it too. I've heard of others that don't wrap Santa gifts either. I don't know why I didn't think of it before. My mom put all of our "Santa" gifts in trash bags one year! PIMP!

-I have a lot to do this week, but we aren't leaving town this weekend like we have the last two weekends, so hopefully I'll be around more. :)

No comments: