Monday, December 18, 2006

One week away.....

Christmas is one week away. Lately I've felt like the day would never arrive. But now I can't believe that it's next week! Everything is bought, but somehow I don't feel prepared. I don't know why. We are making Christmas cookies as a family this evening. The girls are so excited. Maeve has already claimed the sprinkles and is carrying them around everywhere! LOL!

So I went to Walmart early this morning (like 7:30 early) just to exchange a gift for a larger size. Richard said that Maeve needed one of those mini Magna Doodles. So I walked back into the toy department and immediately chuckled. There were boxes EVERYWHERE! All of the employees were putting more toys on the shelves. I guess they anticipate a big week. Either that, or they had a big weekend and needed to restock.

Kyra has school through Wednesday. I'm glad. She'd be bored here at home if she were already out.

I think we'll venture around the neighborhood tonight and look at lights. Then we'll drive our way around some other neighborhoods later this week.

I suppose that Santa will come on Saturday morning. We'll leave on Sunday morning to go to Schulenburg. More details on that coming up later.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sounds like fun!